Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Crocodile Print Pointer
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Gästebereich
miaowang123 Offline

Jäger

21.09.2019 03:59
lacking humility in their arguments. When th Zitat · Antworten

BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis has tried just about everything to break out of lengthy hitting slump. Extra batting practice and intensive video study havent worked. Maybe a seat in the dugout will help the Baltimore star come up with the solution. Davis wasnt in the starting lineup Monday night against the Chicago White Sox. Manager Buck Showalter explained the move as simply an effort to get Delmon Young some playing time, but Davis knew better. He attributed the benching to his lack of hitting this month. "Thats pretty evident," Davis said. "Its about putting the best nine out there every game, giving yourself a chance to win, and lately I just havent been very good." Davis is batting .216 with 12 homers and 37 RBIs. Over his previous 14 games, he was 7 for 54 (.130). Last year, Davis hit .286 and led the majors with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. "If youd have asked me in the off-season or during spring training if I thought I was going to struggle like Im doing this year, Id have told you that you were crazy," Davis said. Of the day off, he said, "Maybe it will give me a chance to clear my head." Davis misery this season began in earnest with an oblique injury that put him on the disabled list. That, however, is not an issue in his current struggle. "Im trying to figure it out. I know its frustrating for people to watch me go through it, but can you imagine how much more frustrating it is to actually go through it?" Davis said. "At the same time, we still have a lot of baseball left to play and I know Im going to get an opportunity to come out of it. I know Ill come out of it." Nothing hes tried to reverse the trend has worked, and Davis acknowledged that he hasnt a clue what to do next. "Im not really feeling a whole lot at the plate right now other than frustration," he said. A year ago, Davis was so sharp at the plate that almost every swing produced results. This year, not so much. "When youre hitting .330, it feels like you hit every hole, every pitch you take is a ball," he said. "When youre hitting just over .200, it feels like every pitch you take is a strike and every time you hit a ball hard somebody is standing there." Teammate Adam Jones suggested that a bloop hit, and not a tape-measure home run, could be the cure. "He might need to get jammed, bad jammed, and he hits it on the label right above his fingers and it falls for a base hit," Jones said. "He might figure it out from there." Showalter said Davis would start Tuesday, and the manager was optimistic that his first baseman will soon get back on track. "Hes close," Showalter said. "I have a lot of confidence it will pick up as the season goes." Wholesale Paul George Shoes . Jeter doubled high off the left-field wall and scored on Jacoby Ellsburys first hit in pinstripes in the fifth. Hiroki Kuroda (1-1) pitched 6 1-3 sharp innings in the Yankees 112th opener in New York. In what manager Joe Girardi said would be a season-long lovefest for Jeter, the shortstop was cheered every step of the way by an adoring crowd of 48, 142 -- even when his double-play grounder back to Orioles starter Ubaldo Jimenez (0-2) scored Solarte in the third inning for the first run. Paul George Shoes From China . Playing in his 19th career final, the second-seeded Tsonga was favourite to win the Open 13 for the third time and to secure an 11th career title, but he struggled with Gulbis attacking approach. https://www.cheappaulgeorgeshoes.com/ . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. Clearance Paul George Shoes . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a course-record 10-under 62 on Wednesday to take the first-round lead in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Paul George Shoes For Sale . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series.[Credit: National Post] But here, two decades later, we have labour peace and the sport is perhaps at the peak of its international visibility and popularity. So how should Bettman and his owners spend the summer? Perhaps they should learn from the successes of this postseason, and tweak the game accordingly. The NHL playoffs were fast skating, hard hitting hockey highlighted by skill and spectacular goaltending. And there was but one fight, and not even the most ardent supporter of fighting in hockey could argue fisticuffs were missed. I understand the regular season is a long slog through winter, but do we want a sport where unnecessary violence breaks up the monotony? Especially when weve been witness to the majesty of the sport in its absence? Im not saying take fighting out of the game, but Colton Orr and George Parros are unnecessary elements of the sport.[Credit: ESPN] The hockey entity most in need of this summer break is the expansive community of punditry, from the media (both mainstream and not, though the line between the two becomes more and more blurred with each passing season) to the social media inclined fan. On Monday I witnessed an obsessive and rhetorically flawed argument on Twitter over the rumoured re-signing of Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. Was he signed? Should he be signed? Was the term good for the cap? Who did and did not celebrate his acquisition from the Canucks for Raphael Diaz. French media versus English media versus fan versus blogger, all desperately lacking humility in their arguments. When the Habs officially announced a deal on a two-year contract extension with Weise Tuesday morning (for the exact term and dollar amount reported and endlessly disseminated Monday) the futile aand superfluous argument began anew.dddddddddddd I mean, over a fourth line winger? Paul DiPietro never received this kind of attention. Neither did Weises concussion, but thats a story the media will ignore another day.[Credit: NY Times] While social media and universal web access has taken the discourse to an inclusive realm, it has created an obsessive and pathologically invested fanbase and a media that stretches itself thin to fulfill the 24-hour new cycle. Take a breath folks. Go outside. Do something extraordinary. Expand your horizons. Go love up on a Bruins fan. Take a day at the beach. Spend a week without checking hockeydb.com or capgeek.com. Leave the sport alone for a few minutes. Itll still be there when you get back.The seasons not quite over yet. This week the NHLs 30 teams will consider buyouts to prepare their caps for next season. On June 22nd the 2014-15 schedule will be released so that we can all plan our November Saturdays accordingly. On the 24th, the NHL Awards ceremony takes place, where scarred players freshly relieved of their playoff beards wonder quietly who George Stroumboulopoulos is. The draft takes place on the weekend of the 27th in Philadelphia, which will ignite the hotstove and fuel dreams of parades and revelry. July 1st, Canada Day, a day we should all be out drinking Labatt 50 in the sun and launching bottle rockets recklessly into the night, finds much of the hockey world inside watching TV and waiting to see which albatross of a contract will be bought out in the summer of 2018. And then nothing until September, beautiful autumn, summer fading into the promise a new season, when all teams in first place, except the Oilers, who will be tied with the Flames for 30th. ' ' '

Sprung  
© Forum make by EkonIron® Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic Auf wiedersehen.....
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz